Personal data protection policy
Last modified : May 2022
We value your data. We look after it with the utmost care.
Our personal data protection policy hereinbelow described (hereinafter "Policy") has been drawn up to inform you about the practices and conditions under which Mooncard SAS - Société par Actions Simplifiées - is registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 818 620 783 and located at 18 rue de Londres, 75009 Paris (hereinafter referred to as "Mooncard" or the "Company") collects, uses and retains your personal data (hereinafter referred to as "Data").
Within this policy, we describe the different types of Data we may collect and/or process when you access the https://mooncard.co (hereinafter the "Website") as well as the https://app.mooncard.co (hereinafter the "Platform"), https://blog.mooncard.co (hereinafter the "Blog" and https://go.mooncard.co (hereinafter the "Overview pages") Websites and to the Mooncard mobile application, available on the App Store and Google Play (hereinafter the “Mobile Application”).
Collectively, the above-mentioned URLs are referred to as " Websites ". The use of all the Websites and of the Mobile App is subject to this Policy.
This Policy shall be regularly updated for it to remain relevant to the various laws and regulations relating to technology and personal data protection. Furthermore, any changes shall be subject to a dedicated notification.
This Policy is deemed to be divisible such that if one or more of the clauses is declared invalid or contrary to the regulations, it will be deemed unwritten and will not lead to the invalidity of the other clauses.
The Policy herein applies to the Data collected by the Websites and the Mobile Application and to each service accessible from said Websites.
We beckon you to read the Policy carefully to understand clearly our practices regarding the treatment of your Data and be aware that viewing and/or using our Websites and the Mobile Application necessarily implies acceptance of this Policy.
Our Data Privacy Officer is Marine Marois, whose e-mail address is: email@example.com
We remind you that you are responsible for providing complete and current information to Mooncard.
1. DATA COLLECTED BY MOONCARD
Depending on our interactions and your searches on the Websites and the Mobile Application (use of the solution, creation of a user account, Newsletters, filling in contact forms, telephone exchanges, Blog, etc.), we may collect the following Data:
- Your e-mail address shall necessarily be requested in all our forms in order to: download the documentation available on the Websites/Mobile Application and/or create a user account for the Mooncard solution, contact us and/or our partners, book a training course, report illicit content, subscribe to the Newsletters relating to the Mooncard solution and/or to events organised or in which Mooncard is participating and/or to the official Mooncard blog.
- Identification data such as your first and last name, date of birth, phone number, identity card, postal address;
- Browsing Data regarding the way you use the Websites, including IP address, the browser used, the duration of browsing, the search history, the operating system used, the language and the pages viewed;
- Data regarding your visits to our Websites and the Mobile Application, including traffic data, log files and other data or communication resources you use when accessing our Websites and the Mobile Application.
2. HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
Data may be collected and processed in several ways on the Websites and the Mobile Application.
It may be collected directly when you provide it to us through forms. For example, when creating a user account, subscribing to the Newsletters available on the Websites and the Mobile Application, downloading the solution and the documentation available on the Websites/ Mobile Application along with when booking training courses or flagging illegal content.
We may also ask you for your Data when you use the various contact forms on the Websites/ the Mobile Application and/or when you contact Mooncard by telephone, e-mail or via the Mobile Application.
A copy of your communications with Mooncard, including e-mail addresses, is made and stored each time you communicate with one of our employees.
You may submit information to us for publication ("Submissions") on our freely accessible Websites, on the Mobile Application or to other users or third parties at your discretion.
Your Contributions posted on the Websites are published under your responsibility and at your own risk.
Mooncard cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you share your Contributions. It is, therefore, your and their responsibility.
Requests for deletion of Contributions published on the Websites, as well as any other request relating to personal data and your rights can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to refuse to remove any of your Contributions. We will send you a justification by e-mail if we do so.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA ?
The data we collect for the following purposes:
- To introduce you to our Websites, the Mobile Application and their contents,
- To enable us to contact you and/or to be contacted by our partners,
- To enable you to benefit from our services (access to the Mooncard solution, the Mobile Application, documentation, training, the Blog),
- To offer you our Newsletters, products and services that you wish to receive, or might wish to receive,
- To follow our rights and obligations stated in the contracts we entered,
- To comply with our legal obligations, which includes prevention, fraud detection, cases of money laundering and/or terrorism financing,
- To ensure customer support,
- To notify you of changes to our Websites/ the Mobile Application or our product and service offerings.
- To send us your opinion on the Mooncard services and products.
- Allowing the Platform to recognise you and your equipment, thus you will not have to provide the same information multiple times for the same task;
- By recognising the username and password you have already provided for you to log to the Platform.
Analyse traffic and data on the Websites and the Mobile Application to:
- Measure the number of visitors and users, making it easier to use and ensuring its ability to respond quickly to your requests;
- Estimate browsing patterns and speed up your searches;
- To help us understand how you interact with and use our Websites/ the Mobile Application in order to improve them.
4. WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA ?
Your Data are processed either by Mooncard employees, or by our sub suppliers and partners intervening in the provision of our services.
The recipients of the Data collected by Mooncard are:
- the marketing department,
- the legal department,
- the IT department,
- the support and compliance department,
- the accounting department.
Your Data may be transferred to any purchaser or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Mooncard's assets due to uncertainty or bankruptcy, liquidation or other processes in which user Data from Mooncard's various sites is one of the transferred assets. Such events will be subject to specific disclosure.
Finally, we may also disclose your Data:
- To comply with any legal mandate, law or legal process, including governmental and regulatory requests;
- If we consider disclosure necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Mooncard, its customers or other stakeholders Such disclosure includes the exchange of information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of protecting against fraud and counterfeiting.
Links to third party sites
The Website/ the Mobile Application may contain links to other Websites or social networking platforms maintained on third party servers, by persons or organisations over which Mooncard has no control or rights. We shall not be responsible for the manner in which your Data is stored or used on the servers of such third parties.
You should familiarise yourself with the applicable data protection policy for each third party Website you access via our Website/ the Mobile Application to understand how your Data will be used.
5. HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA STORED?
Mooncard only saves your Data for the period of time necessary for the purposes set out in Article 3.
This retention period is not the same for all Data, as the nature and purpose of the collection may vary. Similarly, certain legal obligations impose a specific retention period. The different periods are detailed below:
For any contact with Mooncard via the different contact forms or by phone, your Data will be kept for three (3) years from the last exchange with Mooncard and then deleted.
In the Blog context, your connection data is kept for one (1) year from each connection.
Once you have agreed to receive our Newsletters, or have signed up to receive Newsletters from our Websites/ the Mobile Application, your Data will be retained until you unsubscribe from them.
When you report illegal content to Mooncard, the period of retention of the Data may vary depending on the infringement in question and the statute of limitations applicable to it.
When you contact us via the contact form to participate in one of our training courses, all Data related to your participation in these courses will be kept for five (5) years from the date of their completion.
This duration is the same than for the customer Data used for marketing purposes after the contract termination.
The data required to use our Services, as well as all processing data falling within the regulatory framework of banking and security of the source of funds may be kept for up to six (6) years. Finally, with regard to the Data collected by means of cookies or tracers, they will be kept for up to six (6) months for cookies or tracers measuring the audience and up to thirteen (13) months for the others.
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
Your Data is stored on secure servers and protected by various systems and protocols such as firewalls, anti-virus software and restricted access. We have put in place technical and organisational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Data and to prevent accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure. We regularly control that our systems are properly functioning.
However, please note that it is your responsibility to keep your user account password secret and to take care to keep your sessions disconnected when you are not using them.
7. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA
You can choose how the Data you provide to us is used:If you don’t which to provide any Data, you will not be able to use certain features of the Websites/ of the Mobile Application and in particular to use the Mooncard solution.
or refuse to receive our Newsletter. In this case, you simply unsubscribe using the link in the e-mail that sends you the Newsletter.
If you don’t which to provide any Data, you will not be able to use certain features of the Websites/ of the Mobile Application and in particular to use the Mooncard solution.
In accordance with the provisions of the regulations applicable to the protection of personal data, in particular, the European Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter the "RGPD") and the law of 6 January 1978 n°78-17 known as "Informatique et Libertés" (Data Protection Act) and its amendments, you have a right of access and a right of rectification to your Data. Furthermore, subject to the conditions provided for by the said regulation for the exercise of these rights, you benefit from :
- A right to the deletion of your Data
- A right to limit the processing of your Data;
- A right to object to the processing of your Data on legitimate reasons, in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR;
Need more information?
Our team is available Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. to present the Mooncard solution to you and work with you to design a tailor-made quote that meets your business needs.